Global Trade Compliance Analyst
The Global Trade Compliance Analyst will coordinate the import/export compliance activities on daily transactions while assisting efforts at the U.S./Puerto Rico/Canada sites to ensure adherence with laws, improve operational efficiency, and facilitate reduction of tariff and non-tariff barriers.
- Execute import/export transactions they are in compliance with all relevant U.S. regulatory agency requirements, regulations and trade laws.
- Utilize SOPs and AbbVie global trade management systems to complete import/export filings.
- Resolve day-to-day operational issues with foreign suppliers, internal stakeholders and carriers/freight forwarders that result in clearance delays. Provide guidance, as needed, on documentation, tariff classification, customs valuation, and country of origin determination.
- Interface with AbbVie affiliates and related functional areas (Supply Chain, Purchasing, etc.) to support corrective actions, process improvements and broader initiatives.
- Manage import/export documentation in compliance with record keeping requirements.
- Support import/export/duty management projects that focus on driving efficiencies or cost savings for the company.
- Assist in training and knowledge sharing to improve business knowledge and operational performance to ensure compliance with U.S. regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the capturing and analyzing of metrics associated with trade operations for reporting up to the site and the Global Trade Compliance leadership.
- Assist in the execution of the self-audit program to ensure continued compliance with customs law and internal policies on both imports and exports.
- Bachelor degree or relevant working experience in a related field (e.g. international trade, supply chain, logistics).
- 3-5 years of experience working in trade compliance, customs brokerage or multinational company, or consulting firm.
- Computer Skills. Must have excellent ability managing Microsoft Access, Excel, Powerpoint & SAP.
- Strong team player that is self-motivated to learn and embrace change.
- Highly organized and acute attention to detail required.
- Effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and manage time appropriately.
- Licensed Customs Broker or Certified Customs Specialist desired.