Director, Project Management
Come join our world-class team evaluating, in-licensing and developing innovative therapeutic products internationally.
HUYA Bioscience International is a development-stage biopharmaceutical company bringing innovations from China to global markets in multiple therapeutic areas. HUYA’s lead compound in oncology, HBI-8000, is in late stage clinical development in Japan and Korea as monotherapy for the treatment of hematological malignancies. In the United States, HBI-8000 is being developed in combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors in solid tumors. The Company’s lead cardiovascular program, HBI-3000, is in Phase 1 in Europe. Two additional compounds are in early evaluation for oncology and cardiovascular diseases. More information can be found at www.huyabio.com
This position reports to the Vice President, Program Management. Responsibilities include providing global program management and matrixed leadership to global, cross-functional teams to drive development and deliver results in early to late-phase pipeline or marketed assets. He or she will contribute to, and support, corporate goals to progress the company’s portfolio of products across therapeutic areas.
This is an office-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYA functional areas and global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include the cross-departmental, integrated global product team (GPT) strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and ensuring appropriate communication
- Works closely with clinical operations, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, CMC, pre-clinical and quality assurance to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategies are incorporated into the asset strategy and integrated development plan
- Lead key initiatives that have cross-functional impact that are critical to company objectives
- Creates and maintains high quality integrated project plans and timelines (e.g. Gant Charts) ensuring alignment between overall program strategy and cross-functional plans
- Communicates project status through monthly dashboards and other reporting materials. Includes collecting information and ensuring accuracy of reports
- Assists with risk mitigation planning. Escalates project issues and risk mitigations to executive management as appropriate
- Facilitates financial planning process by integrating input from functions and project teams
- Coordinates activities with external business partners and alliances, where applicable; contribute to achieving partnership contract deliverables
- Supports department initiatives as needed
- Applies project management best practices and processes
- Collaborate with other departments to develop metrics and ensure the organization meets or exceeds these metrics
- May be responsible for direct supervision or line management
- Creates a positive and productive work environment for attracting and retaining highly qualified clinical professionals
- Perform other duties as required
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have a working knowledge of all appropriate relevant regulatory guidance (e.g. ICH, FDA and EMEA)
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience leading cross-functional teams in matrix environment preferred
- Flexible and able to work independently to manage work priorities and follow tasks through to completion.
- Proficient with Project Management best practices and tools including MS Project
- Quick learner, goal oriented and results driven with excellent problem solving skills and ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Travel up to 10% of time on average, in accordance with company and/or project requirements
- Computer skill should include proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- International experience is a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business is preferred
- 10+ years of in-depth drug development experience in all phases of development. Experience within related functions (e.g. Project Management, Clinical Operations, Research, Regulatory, CMC) preferred
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
The position is full‐time and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYA’s Del Mar, CA headquarters.