Senior Specialist, Environmental, Health & Safety
- Monitor regulatory requirements/trends, conduct impact analyses, and implement programs to ensure compliance with both regulatory and internal standards.
- Coordinate EHS activities across organizational boundaries and advise site management on the status of EHS systems.
- Develop and conduct training course material to meet the needs of the learner or business.
- Make timely decisions which reflect a consideration of facts and data at hand. Define the needs of various parties and negotiate agreements acceptable to all parties.
- Identify and promote process improvements that strengthen the EHS function and the overall organization and minimizes/eliminates risk
- Assess and quantify EHS risks and their consequences and implement appropriate actions.
- Communicate compliance status, key performance Indicators, trends, priority issues and business impact to key stakeholders.
- Conduct incident investigations, identify root causes, and implement improvement/action plans to prevent similar incidents from occurring.
- Lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to represent EHS objectives related to the subject matter and meet the team's overall objectives and deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree (EHS related, Engineering, chemistry) plus 5+ years of EHS related experience or Master's Degree (EHS related, Engineering, chemistry) plus 3 years of EHS related experience. EHS or Engineering professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, and managing cross functional teams.
- Ability to establish measurable project goals and implementation plans, balance conflicting work demands, and develop action plans.
- Ability to develop standards and/or policies that meet business objectives.
- Ability to actively listen, build, and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict constructively.
- Ability to successfully manage project and programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled