Director of Market Development
Director of Market Development
This position reports directly to the Chief Strategy Officer and has significant involvement with the commercial team, as well as Medical Affairs, Finance, QA/RA and the Sales Operations functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Market Development is a central element of Cheetah Medical’s growth initiatives and the company’s short and long-term strategy. The Market Development Director is a critical catalyst and driver for Market Development analysis, strategy and execution across Cheetah Medical. The Director will support internal partners through direct and collaborative relationships, and will advise senior leaders relative to the company’s market development opportunities and priorities.
The Market Development Director will be someone who:
- is a naturally quantitative, analytical person who can synthesize complex data and derive new strategic insights
- can create effective ways to summarize and communicate those insights in ways that are concise, compelling, highly defensible, and actionable
- is equally comfortable working with detailed analysis and high-level strategy
- can gain and project informal authority, trust and confidence beyond their positional authority
- is very comfortable working with senior leaders, leading a team, and working across boundaries.
The Market Development Director’s primary focus is to analyze the current market landscape and Cheetah’s current /prospective business, to determine the most optimal path towards achieving standard of care. This focus will entail in-depth analysis of Cheetah’s current customer base and order patterns, analysis of physician behavior in the hemodynamic market, and the development of key strategies to impact the growth trajectory of the company.
- Lead and direct a strategic market analysis of Cheetah Medical’s business, including:
- Establish and manage project timeline and milestones
- Synthesis of gathered data into meaningful analysis
- Identification and communication of key insights derived from the analysis
- Crisp and well considered conclusions and recommendations
- Integration of all deliverable components into a logical and professional document
- Final analysis and deliverables preparation
- Develop strategies and plans to impact physician behavior
- Provide strategic planning support to Cheetah Medical senior leadership including creation of quarterly board of director presentations and analysis
- Organize and lead 3rd party market development analyses
- Partner with Cheetah Medical’s commercial team to execute key market development strategies
Skills and Competence:
- Interpersonal – build relationships and influence others in a positive manner
- Leadership – focus and motivate team members to meet objectives
- Self-Starter – able to work independently to develop and achieve company goals
- Highly Analytical – quickly assess situations and trade-offs, and recommend appropriate course of action with limited data
- Clinical Acumen – ability to understand the clinical landscape, and to use the available clinical data to compose and deliver a compelling argument to clinicians
- Multitasking – thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and priorities
- Financial – understand the financial underpinnings of the business and key market drivers
- Creativity – formulate innovative solutions to capitalize on identified opportunities
- Communications – provide essential information clearly to all stakeholders
- Presentation – deliver message across all levels of the organization and to customers, irrespective of size of audience. Candidate must be highly proficient in power point.
- Ethics – maintain the utmost integrity in all professional situations
- Education – minimum B.A. Degree in business/marketing related field, MBA preferred
- 8-10 years in a strategic / upstream marketing or market development role in the healthcare sector for a medical device company
- Experience marketing a critical care or ICU device, solution preferred
- Experience marketing a capital equipment device with associated disposables, is preferred
- Must have experience marketing to a hospital, complex institution which requires frequent touch points with physicians, nurses, purchasing, value analysis committees
Some travel (up to 40%), which may include weekends, is required in this position, primarily for the purposes of meeting customers and attending conferences and conventions.
Corporate Headquarters located in Newton, MA.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require additional hours if necessary.
This is an exempt position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cheetah Medical does not discriminate against any qualified applicant or employee because of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or any other Federal, State, or local legally-protected classes in implementing the
policy concerning nondiscrimination based on religion or national origin.