Sales and Marketing Manager
The Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing projects and providing support for the sales and marketing teams under the direction and leadership of senior sales and marketing management, to achieve Rigel commercial goals. This position will work closely with field sales, marketing, business operations and vendor partners and cross functional team members outside commercial to support the launch and promotion of Rigel products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works cross-functionally with commercial team members (marketing, sales, analytics, market research, market access,) to execute projects, programs and initiatives that support achievement of Rigel Commercial goals.
• Works cross-functionally with medical, medical affairs, regulatory, legal, (PRC coordinator) to facilitate project management, program input (i.e. conference and speaker bureau) and cross-functional initiatives (i.e. strategic brand planning & quarterly updates).
• Manages all aspects of assigned projects to support sales and marketing and ensures delivery within defined expectations: time, budget, quality.
• Manages sales & marketing business planning, business review and business status review deliverables for sales & marketing team including assembly of data and presentation materials for quarterly business review with commercial and executive teams for business operations.
• Manages marketing strategy and sales team meetings including Point of Action (POA) and National Sales Meeting (NSM), Sales Leadership Meetings, training and vendor meetings.
• Manages marketing and sales training submissions to the Promotional Review Committee (Legal, Regulatory, Medical, Compliance) for efficient review and upon approval, materials input to the fulfillment system for field distribution.
• Manages the marketing materials fulfillment for sales and marketing field teams including fulfillment strategy, inventory optimization and vendor management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ideal candidate has 5-7 years biotech/pharmaceutical or relevant experience with marketing promotion and planning, budgeting, meeting coordination and planning, promotional review committee and business review process.
• Project management skills including analytical assessment, timeline and budget management, planning, prioritization, objective setting and meeting management.
• Demonstrate ability working across groups and cross-functional teams to influence deliverable, outcomes and timelines.
• Aptitude for problem solving, effectively managing multiple projects and working independently when appropriate.
• Ability to adapt and thrive within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in marketing, business or related fields.
Position may require occasional travel (e.g., business meetings, conferences, key customer engagement, vendor meetings, etc.) approx. 20%
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.