Associate Director, Customer Insights & Forecasting
Associate Director for Customer Insights and Forecasting will be responsible to execute US and outside US primary market research and forecasting for Toca 511 & Toca FC regimen for CNS malignancies and other solid tumor indications, oncology pipeline products and support any BD activities. The role will be primarily focused in supporting commercialization in the US and also manage discussions with Tocagen markets/affiliates and partners.
Skills and Experience:
Management of Staff :
- Associate Director will be a point person for executing on collecting market data via competitive intelligence, manage and inform the brand team on insights to drive brand planning, value and competitiveness in the US and other markets.
- Individual will be partnering and working in conjunction with Marketing, Market Access and Sales teams and with respective affiliates/partners to manage and execute on forecasting, market research and competitive intelligence planning and projects.
- Associate Director will be responsible for sharing best practices in the respective areas.
- He/she will direct the research and analysis of business opportunities and assesses potential markets to make recommendations for new projects to be used for strategic marketing decisions.
- Individual will be responsible for all external research and will make presentations on new market areas and trends.
- Responsibilities will also include analysis of competitive environment, making recommendations, developing budgets for market research, selection, development and evaluation of personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Collaborate with Integrated Insights Leads for TAs to understand insights requirement and to design forecasting model methodologies including commercial rationale and assumptions
- Drive the Global Analytics for the strategic Brands, products at launch, pipeline candidates in the respective areas.
- Support lead countries/regions with an expertise in forecasting, market research and competitive intelligence including coaching and sharing global sources and techniques.
- Fully leverage all market, competitor and product information to produce objective and actionable insights of market drivers, the competitive environment, promotional and treatment trends with key customer types.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research using the best methodologies and techniques in market research.
- Provide queries and reports to deliver insight on current market conditions and forecast future market trends.
- Develop and administer dashboards for newly launched and key company brands and regions.
- Establish an excellence and best practice together with Global Forecasting and Global Competitive Intelligence.
- Support Launch of the oncology product in US
Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS degree required with a preference in the Life Sciences. Master's degree in business, marketing, or social sciences preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Market Research and forecasting in oncology or specialty space. Working in the US and Global markets a plus. Working in the oncology therapeutic area preferred.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical global market research process and methodology.
- Excellent communication of ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Ability to frequently communicate changes and intentions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders.
- Ability to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Ability to actively and objectively listen to clients to assure research design addresses business needs.
- Demonstrate project planning and project management skills.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships and maintain an accurate budget for brands.
- Ability to quickly learn about therapeutic area and products.
- Deep understanding of the full Market Research circle including Primary Market Research, Secondary Market Research, Product forecasting, Competitive Intelligence, Data Management, Business Solutions.
- Ability to extract, analyze, treat, and consolidate data from different sources in clear and concise formats with rigor and high level of accuracy.
- Advanced user of Windows applications, modelling techniques, analytical tools and applications.
- Strong knowledge of IMS or Symphony/ non-IMS-Symphony related Data sources, Syndicated analytics.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Familiarity with the market research tools.
- Ability to work with syndicated databases.
- Travel requirements 15%-20%, and as needed for specific business.
Management of Staff :
- Initially an individual contributor role with potential to managing team pre or post-launch.