Shipping and Receiving Materials Handler
Performs the physical tasks involving the shipping, receiving, storing and distribution of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Stocking and ordering of lab supply inventories from preferred vendors including hazardous solvents, delivering to several locations throughout Amyris site using the company truck.
- Signs for incoming package and equipment deliveries, ensuring count is correct and noting any visible damage with courier.
- Unpacks & checks goods received against purchase orders and packing slips, noting/rejecting any discrepancies.
- Records receipt transactions in SAP (looks up PO’s in Point purchasing for order clarification as needed, working out discrepancies with Purchasing staff / vendors.
- Delivers/distributes inventory and packages to employees in several buildings.
- Safely operates company truck and forklift as warranted.
- Safely handles chemical or biological materials according to Amyris safety training.
- Assists in moving heavy objects.
- Back up shipper of lab samples including G.M.O’S., hazardous chemicals, and temperature sensitive material ensuring that they meet IATA and DOT regulations.
- Assist in Crating, palletizing and shipping heavy and expensive equipment ensuring that no damage occurs during freight transit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Forklift Certified, ability to operate various Material Handling equipment) pallet jack, hand truck etc.
- IATA/49cfr Certification.
- Ability to safely drive company truck, using lift gate to deliver delicate and expensive equipment and supplies.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean DMV record.
- Min.3 years’ experience in warehousing and distribution (biotech industry preferred).
- High School diploma