IT Process Consultant, IT Controls
The Application Center of Excellence (ACoE) IT Process Consultant role will be responsible for providing governance of IT processes including access and change management to standardize and automate good operational practices. The role will Increase IT Value thru efficient and effective IT Processes and enable better decision making thru transparency. This role will drive standardization of process, reduce risk and maintain compliance, provide insight for continuous improvement of process performance and productivity, and ensure continuity by conducting training and providing guidance.
- Lead strategy, governance and oversight of assigned IT processes including access and change management to ensure alignment with ACoE priorities and with service and operational excellence objectives to drive IT common IT practices and processes and to drive IT data accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Propose performance goals and track performance over time
- Act as a primary Subject Matter Expert for these processes
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, evaluating manual and automated processes, identifying IT process weaknesses and inefficiencies
- Diagnose and understand the underlying drivers of performance gaps
- Discuss findings and report outcomes as well as improvements and recommendations to improve performance
- Point of contact for Application Center of Excellence to assess and recommend changes for any documents regarding audit, regulatory, and risk management activities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain ACoE policies, procedures and associated training plans
- Ensure that documentation is maintained and retain
- Responsible for cross-ACoE standardization and improvements in the tool, process, steering mechanisms, metrics and KPIs, and roles to ensure that established goals are met and process improvements are sustained and measureable
- Ensure consistent benefit analysis of proposed solutions
- Manage central tracking as required and distribute reports
- Drive consistent results thru common understanding of successful process execution by planning and leading lunch-n-learns and other training sessions
- Serve as the central escalation point for ACoE policy, process/procedures/roles, metrics, and KPI related questions or issue for the assigned processes
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationship with IT counterparts including enterprise level process owners, system process leads, ACoE execution team leads and managers, MSP SMO, and MSP delivery leads
- Influence key actors to ensure compliance with processes and procedures and influence change where required
- Required: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Business, or Related.
- Required: Minimum of 10 years of related IT experience
- Required: Strong understanding of IT General Controls including security, access, and change management.
- Required: Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Required: Stakeholder management, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to influence
- Required: Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
- Required: Prior experience making decisions at department or division level
- Required: Process & Procedure Design, Optimization, and Management
- Preferred: 2 or more years' experience in an IT Audit or Compliance role or related experience.
- Preferred: Experience working in GxP environment preferred
- Preferred: Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance Frameworks (COSO, COBIT)
- Preferred: ITIL Foundation Certification. ITIL Intermediate Certification in Service Operations