Sr. Director/Director, Protein Sciences
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM's first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking an experienced and highly-skilled professional to lead early-stage process development and transfer of novel protein-based therapeutics to manufacturing and late-stage process development activities. The Director will be responsible for design and development of methods for protein purification, microbial fermentation and scale-up processes and testing of new proteins and technologies. This position will work closely with both the R&D team as well as manufacturing and late-stage process development teams to optimize techniques and operating equipment specifications. This position will require excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with ability to operate independently on progressively more complex activities and projects.
- Develop methods for the purification, fermentation and testing of new process formulas, technologies and products, including but not limited to: new protein scale-up, protein purification, microbial fermentation, process optimization, analytical characterization.
- Lead and conduct technology transfer, process validation activities and development of manufacturing specifications.
- Analyze data, summarize conclusions and plans for further action, and present results to team members and management in a clear and timely manner.
- Document all procedures and ensure that protocols are up-to-date in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for developing the Protein Sciences group, including but not limited to: identification of equipment and resources needed to complete projects, hands-on training and direct supervision of employees.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific trends industry processes through readings, conferences and seminars; review literature to enhance or improve manufacturing procedures and methods. Use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in creative and practical ways.
- Execute and manage new projects, as needed.
- Advanced degree in life sciences, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience providing both scientific or operational expertise to protein science process development projects
- Minimum of two (2) years supervising direct reports
- Experience in biopharmaceutical industry, required
- Proven experience with protein purification and microbial fermentation, required
- Experience working with multi-vessel bioreactor
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability and willingness to work in the laboratory and perform hands-on training
- Ability to maintain highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to function independently, exercise good judgement and provide thought leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth, and team-based environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and must be able to stand, crouch, sit, bend, or stretch for extended periods of time
This position has supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to SVP, Research & Development.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.