Be a part of REG’s hard working and innovative team in Aberdeen, WA!
This position is day shift hours (6am - 6pm) and includes every other weekend.
The purpose of this job is to perform laboratory work in support of activities associated with production, sale, and distribution of REG products; with continuous improvement of REG manufacturing processes; and with business development activities.
- Laboratory Testing:
- Perform all tests available in REG laboratories and maintain the equipment and instruments used for those tests
- Perform laboratory testing for all materials sold and purchased by REG
- Assist in the evaluation of product nonconformities at plants and at storage & distribution sites
- Laboratory Upkeep:
- Perform general laboratory cleaning and maintenance
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Document all laboratory work and resulting test results
- Adhere to existing safety standards and help improve laboratory safety practices whenever possible
- Organize and maintain laboratory data and other laboratory records
- Create and maintain SOP’s and other instructional laboratory documents.
Perform all other duties as assigned
Education Required: Minimum 2 years of college coursework in a scientific discipline, or relevant work experience
Experience Required: 0 – 2 years with Associate’s degree; 2 – 6 years with High School diploma
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Visio)
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
Knowledge of oils and fats or other agricultural products and processing
Knowledge of petroleum industry and products
Experience with product quality assurance methodologies and troubleshooting (root-cause analysis, statistical quality control, etc.)
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.