Business Development Associate (Biotech)
Business Development Associate (Biotechnology/Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical)
About Selleck Chemicals:
For more than ten years, Selleck Chemicals (Selleckchem) has been a leading supplier of high-quality small molecule inhibitors, compound libraries and monoclonal antibodies for use in scientific research and drug discovery. We are based out of Houston, TX with five facilities spanning North America, Europe and Asia. We offer over 100,000 compounds and 20 screening libraries targeting various cell signaling pathways from groundbreaking research to industrial and academic researchers worldwide.
Available Job Location:Remote position based in NY or NJ
Sales Territory to Be Covered: New York, New Jersey and Connecticut (Tri-State Area)
We currently have an opening for a passionate, self-directed Business Development Associate to manage the NY/NJ/CT area. The BDA will be responsible for developing strong relationships with key contacts within accounts, connecting with decision makers, and delivering on sales goals. The main clients include the R&D laboratories, pharmaceutical, biotech, and CROs (contract research organization). Ideal candidates are interested in life science, have a positive attitude, are natural problem solvers, has a natural comfort with people, owns the sales cycle and has the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively. Candidate must live within the region they are managing.
**Please note this is a moderately technical role where understanding of drug discovery and its related jargon will be required in order to have educated conversations with clients about their pipeline and technology. Potential candidates will need a working knowledge of either biology, chemistry, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, pharmacology or medicinal chemistry in order to be successful in this role. Those without will not be considered.
- Identify and develop key accounts in the territory, plan and schedule face-to-face meetings and calls to current and potential customers at multiple organizational levels.
- Collaborate with industry partners and build B2B relationships.
- Build a trusting rapport and strong relationship with customers across multiple points of contact
- Professionally and tactically address customer objections.
- Manage and grow both small and large accounts
- Demonstrated use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating a value proposition and closing.
- Develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business.
- Work collaboratively within the inside sales, product development and marketing teams.
- Represent the company at local trade shows and conferences.
- Participate in sales meetings and prepare monthly territory status reports.
- Gather and review product market trends and competitive landscape to identify target markets and develop lead generation strategies.
- Manage customer data in the company CRM.
- Set up, coordinate and host technical seminars at customers sites or in local regions.
- Prepare and apply strategic account-based marketing plans
- Effectively put together targeted sales plans based on decision maker titles.
- Analytically assess customer data and draw tactical conclusions.
- Conduct quarterly forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Business Administration, or related field(s).
- Education and/or experience in the areas of Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related field is strongly preferred. Those with this relevant experience will be prioritized.
- At least one-year experience in a business development role either through an internship, agency or sales department is preferred.
- A combination of sales and science experience through formal education or a professional role will be considered.
- Knowledgeable in cancer research field, preferably with direct experience
- Strong ability to identify, prioritize, and execute sales objectives to grow market share, promote customer retention, and drive revenue
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- A self-starter, independent thinker as well as a team player
- Outgoing, friendly and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings spanning one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout the NY/NJ/CT area for client meetings, trade shows, conferences, exhibitions and any related event.
- Must have a reliable vehicle.
- Must have reliable internet, personal computer and a quiet place to work, as this will largely be a locally remote position.
- Must be willing to travel 25-50% of time.