Sr. Scientist, Lead Discovery
REVOLUTION Medicines discovers and develops new drugs that translate frontier cancer targets through exceptional drug discovery delivering revolutionary medicines on behalf of cancer patients. Our innovative science draws inspiration from nature and evolution, which offer insights into cancer targets, disease mechanisms and therapeutic approaches. As a new member of the RevMed team, you will join other outstanding scientists who are helping lead our efforts in the discovery and development of new medicines for unmet needs in cancer.
As a key player in our Lead Discovery Group, you will:
- Work with the Target Discovery Biology Team to assess and characterize new Frontier Oncology targets for lead discovery potential.
- Develop, enable and execute biochemical and biophysical assays and other experiments to characterize proteins and assess ligand/protein interactions.
- Craft and implement hit-finding decision trees (incorporating biochemical, biophysical and cell-based assays) to enable the discovery of new chemical starting points through compound or fragment screening.
- Manage internal and external hit finding campaigns and work with the Chemistry team to identify and follow-up leads.
- Design screening and other protein constructs to answer mechanistic questions. Express, purify and characterize protein and protein complexes.
- Independently conceive and execute experimental strategies to enable studies on target biology and compound mechanism of action early in the drug discovery cycle.
- Collaborate with chemists, biochemists, structural biologists and pharmacologists as a member of a cross-functional project team to generate novel insights that fuel drug development.
- Identify and champion new measurement technologies; bring methods in house or identify and manage CROs that can provide expert services.
- Represent REVOLUTION Medicines with external organizations.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Ph.D. degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemical Biology, with up to 5 years of post-doctoral or relevant industry experience.
- Scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including biochemistry, biophysics, enzymology, cell and molecular biology and screening technologies as well as general technical innovation.
- Experience in protein and protein-ligand complex structural characterization.
- Rigorous, quantitative and detail-oriented experimentalist with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize options, anticipate challenges, and execute on goals as a member of an interdisciplinary team is extremely important.