Inside Sales Representative
Purpose of Work:
The Inside Sales Representative will primarily be responsible for supporting the Sales Department to implement tactical plans to support customers. In this role, the Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for replying to sales price quote requests by working with Sales and Marketing, generating new leads by prospecting for new accounts, and nurturing new marketing qualified leads through the sales pipeline process. In addition, the Inside Sales Representative will assist in managing enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems as directed by Product Managers and work cross-functionally with Customer Service in supporting the order fulfillment process. The Inside Sales Representative will be expected to be team-oriented, act independently and work cross-functionally to complete assigned tasks within specified timeframes and meet Company goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Be responsible for incoming quote requests by working with Sales and Marketing to generate and obtain approval for price quotes.
- Develop sales opportunities and generate new leads for Key Account Managers by researching and identifying potential accounts.
- Nurture new leads through the Sales pipeline process to be passed onto Key Account Managers to close new deals.
- Assist in Salesforce administration and data hygiene and be responsible for Salesforceimprovements, training, and reporting.
- Assist in maintaining ERP systems as directed by Product Managers.
- Manage the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales-related data in an ongoing effort to increase overall sales productivity and achieve Company revenue goals.
- Provide support and collaborate with Sales, Product Managers, and Customer Service to provide insight into the different workflows.
- Producing monthly reporting packages to Sales Leadership tracking key performance indicators.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for Sales improvement. Works closely with Sales management and Busines Process and Technology to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists Sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Facilitates an organization of constant process improvement.
- Provides activity and monthly reports on time.
- Attends Sales team and Company meetings, as required.
- Support and manage regional vendor shows, as directed by National Sales Manager.
- Back-up and support Technical Support duties, as required.
Other Job Duties:
Performs other duties, as required.
Minimum Qualifications of the Position at Entry:
Education: Bachelor's degree in a business or life sciences field is required.
- Laboratory experience is preferred.
- Basic sales skills a plus.
Special Requirements, including Licenses/Certifications:
Travel may be required (<25%).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Experience with ERP systems, Great Plains (GP) in particular, a plus.
- Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce in particular, a plus.