Director / Associate Director, Business Development
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a Director or Associate Director, Business Development. The primary responsibilities of this strategic position are business development activities required for identifying, evaluating, and facilitating high-value transactions including collaborative partnerships which have a direct impact on the strategic evolution of the Company. Secondary responsibilities include business analytics and strategy to support key business development decisions, competitive intelligence, and alliance management. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Gain access to additional intellectual property for the iPSC platform (binding domains, targeting constructs, gene editing technology, switches, etc.)
- Search and evaluation activities, including business case development to inform the decision to proceed with term sheet proposal
- Build enthusiasm with other parties to drive commitment to Fate
- Term sheet drafting/negotiation, including design of optimal deal structures
- Detailed diligence, including project lead of diligence team
- Support and facilitation of the drafting/negotiation of definitive agreements, in conjunction with Fate legal team and outside counsel
- Establish strategic partnerships with global pharmaceutical companies related to the iPSC platform
- Identification and proactive engagement of prospective partners capable of delivering on Fate strategic objectives
- Other activities as described above, as required to gain partner commitment and complete term sheets and definitive agreements
- BD activities required to out-license or partner other Fate products and technologies
- Such as viral transduction enhancers, ProTmune and other small molecule modulated cell therapies
- Post-deal integration and alliance management in conjunction with Fate cross-functional teams and program leaders
- Source and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to support well-informed recommendations on key decisions related to business development
- Attend key industry conferences and develop external relationships with potential partners, scientific and clinical researchers, and industry experts to foster new business development opportunities
- Management of outside resources in support of business development activities
- Advanced degree in life sciences + MBA or JD.
- Minimum 5 years working in bio-pharmaceutical industry in business development, investment banking, research, and/or strategic consulting.
- Ability to structure and negotiate business deals that result in a successful transaction while optimizing the value for Fate.
- Excellent critical thinking, strategy, and analytical skills.
- Superior presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively represent Fate with potential partners.
- Significant travel required.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code 235JB.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.