LAN/Network Spec II
The mission of Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is to develop an enterprise-level, consolidated information technology infrastructure that provides exceptional IT capabilities to the Frederick National Labs for Cancer Research (NCI-Frederick/FNLCR) in support of basic, translational, and clinical cancer and AIDS research. The IT Operations Group (ITOG) is a part of Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) within Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. ITOG is responsible for computational servers, storage servers, virtual machine infrastructure, and the FNLCR network. ITOG focuses on implementing enterprise IT best practices in the areas of computational services, storage, backup, and archiving; batch and application support; server consolidation and virtualization; network infrastructure; unification of voice, teleconferencing, and video communication technologies; and improved infrastructure for collocation of dedicated servers.
- Follow SOPs for common support tasks
- Follow policies and procedures for patches and updates for the NCI Enterprise UC system, VoIP Administration, and VoIP Services
- Maintains Access Gateways
- Maintains Catalyst Digital Signaling Processor Provisioning
- Maintains IP Phones
- Troubleshoots IP Telephony Equipment and power connectivity issues as needed
- Monitors the UC system to ensure call quality is optimum (including monitoring Quality of Service (QoS) performance)
- Monitors alerts and other notices from the UC system
- Updates and maintains NIH Active Directory synchronization with the Call Manager system
- Troubleshoots equipment not responding as expected (iPad, in-room PC, cameras)
- Assists with user education and training as needed (sharing URLs for training sites, FAQs, general questions)
- Support all users at the Frederick location(s)
- Occasional on-call and off hours work to perform upgrades, fix issues, etc.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in biomedical science/math/computer related field from an accredited college or university or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree. Foreign educated candidates who have completed part or all of their education outside of the United States must have their foreign education evaluated by a company-approved accrediting organization to assure that it has met the equivalency of the qualifications of degree work in the United States.
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Four (4) years of experience in IT.
- Experience supporting customers with IT issues.
- Experience supporting telephony, video, network and other collaboration devices.
- Strong written and oral communications required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to agency and customer needs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance.
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Voice
- Cisco Certified Voice Professional
- ITIL foundations certification or ability to obtain certification within 3 months desired
- Associate Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Social Science
- Cisco CallManager 8.X or above
- Cisco phone endpoints and firmware upgrades
- Cisco Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, routers, server hardware, Cisco or Extreme PoE access switches
- Cisco MeetingPlace, Unity Connection, Emergency Responder, CUCM, UCCX
- Enterprise Instant Messaging (Cisco Jabber) with Presence
- Expressways and
- related hardware
- 1-2 years hands-on experience and/or training in network/UC administration
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains and coordinates the use and proper operation of network/UC environment
- Maintains user accounts or security policies on unified communications system
- Maintains and updates system security plans on all networking/UC platforms
- Implements, documents, and coordinates network/UC policies, procedures, and standards
- Perform daily end user and phone updates for moves, adds and changes
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)