Lab Coordinator/Operations Associate
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, basic and applied biological research. The six-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position.
We are seeking a Lab Coordinator/Operations Associate to join our growing Operations team in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will interact with team members across the organization and provide lab and operations support to the Company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Placing orders with vendors, including onboarding new vendors
- Organizing lab areas and coordinating with stockroom vendors
- Executing lab improvement projects
- Organizing and maintaining freezers, cryostorage, and stocklist
- Making and maintaining media stocks
- Maintaining chemical inventories
- Assisting with equipment management and qualifications
- Providing backup coverage on glasswash and receiving when needed
- Assisting with EHS duties
- Providing backup coverage for hazardous waste management
- Assisting in Operations projects and initiatives
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science, or associate degree with equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a lab environment, preferably in an operations role
- Strong computer skills and ability to perform calculations for media preparation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a team-based environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Customer-focused with a can-do attitude
- Ability to stay organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Background in biotechnology
- Aseptic training
- Proficiency with purchasing software
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.