Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Ionis is seeking a Facilities technician to perform maintenance on our Corporate and Manufacturing Buildings and provide support to our Science Departments.
- Knowledge and ability to perform preventative and corrective maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment such as:
- Cooling Towers
- Emergency Generators
- Boilers (Hot Water)
- Steam Boilers
- Air Compressors
- D.I. Water
- Water treatment
- Air Handlers
- Package units
- Exhaust Fans
- Fan Coils
- Vacuum pumps
- Lighting Ballast and switch replacement
- Nitrogen System
- Hours 8:30am to 5:00pm
- A minimum of 6 years of strong mechanical, plumbing and electrical experience, including but not limited to:
- Preventive Maintenance on equipment
- Rebuilding of water pumps
- Replacement of electrical motors
- Faucet repair and replacement
- Building Controls
- Lab equipment repair
- Soft solder and silver brazing
- Fabrication of metal and plastic
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and climb a ladder
- Effectively communicate in written and spoken English
- Current valid California Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Facilities a plus
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 18-0227
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.