Marketing Director, Lupron Depot-PED
The Marketing Director will oversee, influence and lead all aspects of U.S. brand marketing for Lupron Depot-PED.
Lupron PED is the GnRHa market leader in central precocious puberty (CPP), a rare disease in children. Lupron PED has achieved positive growth over the last 5 years, reversing a declining sales trend and delivering year-over-year demand and net sales growth.
This Marketing Director will be responsible for efficiently maintaining PED growth performance by leading the following: developing both long term and short term brand strategy and integrated brand team objectives; developing and implementing PED promotions plan to grow share in an increasingly competitive market; informing financial plan, financial forecasting and LBE process; P&L oversight and responsibility; lifecycle management; and IBT integration.
- Responsible for the financial health management of the P&L of Lupron Depot Ped, including presenting to Senior management of the US Area.
- Maximize the opportunity for Lupron PED to ensure that all financial (sales projections, financial obligations) and non-financial (brand management, staff development) goals are met.
- Develop promotions plan with team members (to include product strategy, business success factors, IBT objectives, and tactics with required budget and resources) based on deep understanding of the PED patient journey, HCP customers, marketplace, competitors, and business drivers for CPP treatment.
- Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target segments and position effectively for the target segment.
- Partner with integrated brand team and ACP sales leadership to ensure activities are aligned to brand goals, growth drivers, and key messages, all in accordance of OEC guidance and appropriately holding partners accountable.
- Oversee the implementation of the promotional tactical plan to ensure marketing initiatives and messages appropriately drive utilization, differentiation and MEU demand growth.
- Lead the development of innovative HCP and Consumer personal and non-personal (NPP) vehicles to maximize message delivery.
- Work closely with sales management to optimize sales communications, sales force effectiveness and marketing effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Sales Training on the development of sales training materials and sales training plan.
- Effectively manage and develop a small team of marketing professionals.
- Effectively develop and manage the strategic investment of the promotional budget including resources (budget, talent) and vendor management (performance of ad agency and other promotional agencies).
- Effectively negotiate to gain resources despite constraints.
- 7+ years of progressive and relevant experience within the pharmaceutical industry required, preferably across marketing and sales
- Rare disease or orphan disease experience preferred
- Experienced leadership, planning and execution. Experience successfully leading through a competitive launch.
- Strong conceptual ability and creativity.
- Proven ability in strategic analysis, branding or marketing. Must demonstrate the ability to understand P&L, portfolio management, and all aspects of rare disease marketing.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally to support brand objectives.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels/grades across the organization.