2019 Experiential Internship (Graduate Level) - Learning and Engagement
The AbbVie Experiential Internship Program
As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer. As an intern, you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, with housing and shuttle services for eligible students.
Department Overview - Pharmacovigilance& Patient Safety (PPS)
The PPS organization works collaboratively and strategically with colleagues across the product lifecycle to identify, evaluate, understand and communicate the safety profile of our drugs to protect patients worldwide.
The Strategy Management Office plays a critical role in conceptualizing, designing and implementing high-priority strategy and business process initiatives across the PPS organization. The team is a high-profile high-impact team that works with PPS functions on a range of critical initiatives driving our World Class 2025 strategic roadmap. As a member of the team, you are at the forefront of working with the business to develop and deliver high-impact training for our global audience.
During this internship you will help create new and engaging training for a global audience. You will apply adult learning principles and leverage multiple platforms for the creation of materials. You will have the opportunity to execute the entire development lifecycle from engagement with the subject management experts to the publication/delivery of the training.
Some travel required between buildings.
• Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
• Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
• Graduate Level Student
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
• Majoring in Instructional Design and Adult Learning: Education, Training, Learning and Development
• Attention to detail
• Ability to synthesize content and transform the content to messages appropriate for the target audience
• PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Articulate, Brainshark, and Camtasia a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled