Director, BD Portfolio Management
This position is responsible for managing the Business Development Portfolio by driving business development opportunities through the BD process and providing effective and efficient project management of pipeline assets and portfolio governance.
- The Director, BD Portfolio Management is focused on driving business development opportunities through the BD process by providing effective and efficient project management of pipeline assets and the portfolio governance that oversees them.
- This position seeks a matrix leader who will manage integrated planning and coordination of Business Development (BD) opportunities through functional, cross-divisional, corporate and board-level review and approval for successful BD transactions.
- The Director will be a key partner of the Business development leadership team, taking guidance on priorities and contributing to successful execution of internal BD business processes. They will serve as the BD portfolio expert, helping to organize and align across all opportunities to ensure proactive and appropriate management throughout the process.
- The Director, BD Portfolio will plan, manage and facilitate key governance meetings across the BD like the Executive Deal review committee, the Deal Review Committee, internal BD ELT Project reviews, BD forums and more.
- This role will work across Business development on how to best optimize portfolio and project reporting based on the BDepot system and data to enable senior level data driven decision making.
- The role will utilize a variety of project and portfolio management tools to inform and sustain high-performing cross-functional performance, including timeline management, issue-risk management, and stakeholder management. The director will need to work across groups to ensure BD is leveraging best practices aligned with key customer groups like EGM, PPM, etc
- Clear and regular communication across a matrix of collaborators will be key success factor. Strong collaboration across functional areas and team will be required for success.
- Responsibilities include creating and maintaining integrated cross-functional project timelines, preparing internal team documents, authoring portfolio summaries and monthly reports.
- Bachelor's degree, and MS, MBA, PhD, PharmD or other advanced degree in a physical or natural science
- 10 or more years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- This position requires familiarity with drug development and commercialization, and excellent oral and written skills.
- 5 years of biopharma-industry project management or operations experience is preferred. Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence, negotiate, and drive organizational engagement with executive-level stakeholders.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization.
- This position requires excellent oral and written skills. PMP certification is desirable.