Director, HCP Promotions
DIRECTOR, HCP PROMOTIONS
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director, HCP Promotions will be a key contributor to the launch of Voxelotor. This position will lead the development of the brand positioning and the resulting product marketing strategy which will inform the creation and execution of a fully integrated launch plan targeting HCPs. The position requires strong leadership, communication, and collaboration with cross-functional partners. The Director will be responsible for budget oversight as well as management of a senior product manager and key agency partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the HCP marketing strategy and implement a "best-in-class" promotional plan
- Align partners and broader organization to the strategic vision and shared goals created for a successful launch
- Lead the marketing launch work-groups to drive launch readiness for key deliverables
- Develop a thorough command of the clinical data to create promotional messaging consistent with the approved label
- Partner with the market research/analytics teams to execute research plans to develop and assess targeting and effective promotional messaging
- Lead the development of the POA and all sales materials working closely with Regulatory, Compliance and Legal partners through the development and approval phases of all materials to ensure that all communications are compliant
- Create and execute a successful launch meeting; ensure partners are aligned and ready
- Work in close conjunction with analytics team to establish defining KPIs and other launch performance measures
- Assist with forecasting and other business decisions
- Manage agency partners to support commercial efforts and produce timely and impactful deliverables
- Create and support an environment of inclusion and excellence
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in marketing and sales within the pharma or biotech industry
- Broad marketing experience required across the lifecycle with emphasis on pre-launch and launch in specialty arena
- Strong customer focus and knowledge of key stakeholders along the continuum of care
- Experience in cross-functional roles preferred
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, and execution excellence
- Seasoned leader with the ability to confidently prioritize, direct, and manage multiple workstreams in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills - demonstrated ability to work in teams, build strong relationships and influence across functions without formal authority
- Travel required 25 - 40% (estimated)
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.