Research Assistant / Research Associate - in vivo (Wednesdays thru Sundays)
Note: This position is Full Time (schedule is daily Wednesday-Sunday)
Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify therapeutics and apply them to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated and driven research associate who will be key in advancing our preclinical scientific activities. Therapeutic focus is on cognition and disorders of the nervous system, as well as peripheral indications impacted by aging. The role will use in vivo studies to primarily assess CNS mechanisms through rodent behavioral, histological and biochemical techniques. The role is critical in assisting the scientific team in advancing our therapeutic understandings. This person will be involved in establishing, validating, and implementing methodologies in Alkahest’s laboratories and is thus pivotal to the company’s mission. The studies performed will involve cutting edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies. The role requires dedication to drive science, flexibility, excellent communication and organization, and will interact with a team of scientists and research associates to drive multiple projects in parallel. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, planning, and performing rodent in vivoexperiments.
- Administering test agent injections, performing cognitive and locomotive behavioral assessments.
- Performing perfusion, tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and microscopy.
- Establishing and executing biochemical analysis procedures.
- Working with and characterizing mouse models.
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Interfacing on a regular basis with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule and execute experimental work. This may include designing, performing, and presenting experimental paradigms.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to biomedical research, neuroscience, animal behavior or animal sciences.
- Minimum of 1 year of progressively advancing responsibilities and technical experience.
- Industry and/or academic lab experience.
- Experience in rodent handling is necessary.
- Experience in rodent test article administration is necessary.
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and microscopy is preferred.
- Experience in rodent behavioral assays is preferred.
- Strong communication skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel.
- Weekend work is required, flexible weekdays off.