Position: Manufacturing Associate
About us: We are a venture-backed commercial stage startup developing Multiplexed Ion Beam Imaging (MIBI), a Stanford University technology for measuring protein expression in tissue samples. MIBI uses mass spectrometry in combination with antibodies labeled with rare earth elements to simultaneously image dozens of proteins on a single tissue section. Compared to existing tissue-based imaging approaches, MIBI offers a huge increase in simultaneous targets, as well as high resolution, 3D imaging, and incredible sensitivity. From a scientific point of view, MIBI is exciting because it allows for previously incomprehensible complex biological interactions to be visualized and understood. Researchers and clinicians are using MIBI to unravel the mysteries of diseases like cancer, neurodegeneration, and autoimmunity. Read more here: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2018.08.039
About you: You’re passionate about advancing biomedical research by producing the reagents that power discovery. You are experienced in tracking inventory from raw materials, subassemblies, and finished goods and maintaining records in LIMS and ERP platforms. You are precise and diligent and attentive to how conditions can be refined and improved. You thrive in a startup environment where you get to work with individuals from a wide variety of disciplines, take initiative and work independently. You can scale up current manufacturing processes of established products and contribute to product transfer of new products.
- Manufacture buffers, antibody conjugation kits, and conjugated antibodies
- Perform technical qualifications and maintain standards for reproducibility and accuracy of results
- Contribute to verification and validation SOPs and technical reports
- Perform ERP transactions for material receipt, BOMs, manufacturing orders, and shipping
- Support transfer of products from concept to commercialization
- Collaborate with quality systems, project management, and bioinformatics as a key member of the reagent team
- AA (2-yr college) plus a minimum of 5 years’ related experience or BA/BS plus a minimum of 2 years’ related experience
- Preferred experience in a biotech company handling reagents requiring multiple storage temperatures
- Experience in histochemical processing/staining and/or antibody validation a plus
- Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with high-growth company operations a plus
- Ability to prioritize activities to meet individual, team and corporate goals
For more information or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.