Analytics Intern, Summer 2019
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This person will be working in Analytics within Preclinical Manufacturing and Process Development in Tarrytown, NY. The student will (i) perform daily bench top lab operations to develop knowledge of basic lab techniques and (ii) assist in running platform analytical assays for routine sample characterization in support of upstream/ downstream process development groups. Projects will be timeline dependent, but may include supporting clinically/commercially enabling processes and/or the research pipeline. This may also involve evaluating assay capability and assay optimization. Daily responsibilities will include: buffer prep, instrument maintenance, and lab organization. In addition to general lab support, the student will be required to work on an individual research project.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• Must be an undergraduate student
• Must be pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Biochemistry
• Academic research or industry experience in a laboratory setting for >.05 years is preferred
• Experience with pipetting, buffer preparation, chromatography, centrifugation, UV spectrometry, and basic statistics is a plus
General Intern Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, PhD or PharmD
• Summer Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.