Sr. Accountant 1
The Sr. Accountant will support the Company’s Sunshine Act Reporting activities and various Federal and various State compliance requirements, process invoices related to our clinical programs, support month-end, quarterly and year-end closing, and other ad hoc projects. The Sr. Accountant is also responsible for the day-to-day review and processing of all expense reports submitted through our Concur expense reporting system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sunshine Act Reporting and Compliance:
• Review and process travel and expense (T&E) reimbursements in Concur. Ensure travel and expense reports comply with the Company’s travel and expense guidelines, and adequately substantiated.
• Ensure T&E reports with health-care providers (HCPs) properly pull MedPro information.
• Review invoice transactions entered into SAP and ensure HCP-related transactions are properly captured.
• Review, validate and clean up monthly batch reports of T&E with HCPs in Concur and SAP.
• Work extensively with our third-party consultants and Compliance Group for Sunshine Act Reporting submissions to Federal and State agencies.
• Support internal and external audit work, and ad hoc projects related to Sunshine Act Compliance.
• Review and process employee T&E reports using Concur on a timely manner.
• Manage and process invoices related to our clinical programs.
• Ensure SOX control compliance for all clinical trial invoices and employee T&Es.
• Communicate invoice and T&E issues to concerned employees.
• Monitor payable aging to ensure payments are up to date.
• Other projects as needed.
General Accounting (SAP):
• Actively participate in month-end, quarterly and year-end closing which includes preparation of certain closing journal entries and monthly P&L and balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
• Support SOX compliance, quarterly review and annual audit.
• Support financial and other audits as appropriate.
• Assist the department in complying with Rigel’s record retention policies and procedures.
• Other projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• BA/BS degree with 5+ years related Accounting experience; equivalent experience may be considered
• SAP experience highly preferred
• Concur experience required
• Experience in Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
• Experience at a publicly traded company is preferred but not necessary for this position
• Proficiency in MS Office skills, primarily Excel
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills required
• Able to work effectively across multiple functions
• Able to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks & work independently
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Detail-oriented and possess excellent technical, analytical, organizational and time-management skills
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law