California Skin Institute
California Skin Institute (CSI) is the largest and fastest growing private dermatology practice in California with over 25 offices and 50 providers. CSI offers an unwavering commitment to excellence in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology and plastic surgery. We have one of the most state-of-the-art and comprehensive skin-based service lines nationally including laser, light, radiofrequency, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery techniques, Medicare-approved surgery centers and a full service dermatopathology laboratory. Come join our team as we innovate both in the clinical setting and in practice operations!
The Grossing Technician performs and documents laboratory analyses and tests. Prepares samples, sets up instruments, in accordance with good laboratory practices with minimal supervision. Utilizes equipment and maintains laboratory in orderly fashion according to established safety standards. The Grossing Technician works alongside Histology Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares tissue for specimen processing
- Accesses clinical information using Pathology reporting software
- Uses automated equipment and computerized instruments
- Logs data file tissue blocks and slides
- Assists with tests or experiments, recording results, keeping logs and sorting through materials used in laboratory processes
- Assembles various types of laboratory equipment, sterilizing them when necessary
- Cleans and organizes the lab, preparing samples and microscope slides, ensuring equipment and chemicals are readily available
- Operates microscopes, machinery, meters, filters and pumps
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Prior experience with management of paper records
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software, Nextech Experience Required
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits and Perks
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay in addition to a benefits package including:
- Medical Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Vision & dental plan
- Flexible Spending Account Life Insurance
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- 401 (K) Profit Sharing Plan
- Generous paid time off Growth and development opportunities
- Recognition Program
- And much more!
To learn more about California Skin Institute, go to www.californiaskininstitute.com
It is the policy of California Skin Institute to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, family status (including pregnancy), marital status, military status, sensory, physical, or mental disability, genetic information, or any other factor protected by local, state or federal law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.