Research Associate - Biology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting metabolic, ocular and cancer cachexia. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282 recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Additional drug candidates are in preclinical development. In 2015, NGM Biopharmaceuticals entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently seeking a driven and creative Research Associate to join our high-performance drug target hunting team. The ideal candidate will be an eager-to-learn, self-motivated team player with high-level of scientific curiosity and enthusiasm for drug discovery. The primary responsibilities will include planning and execution of experiments focused on novel target discovery and validation using a wide range cutting edge in vitro and in vivo techniques. The new team member is expected to work within a cross-functional team generating high quality biological data fueling NGM’s drug discovery engine.
- Design and execute experiments for target identification and validation including utilization of in vitro cell-based assays and in vivo disease animal models.
- Employ cutting edge molecular/cell/biochemistry techniques to discover target function and mechanism of action.
- Learn and establish new technology to enhance drug discovery efforts.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS degree in life sciences with 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Hands-on experience with general molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Excellent sterile technique and tissue culture experience.
- Hands-on experience handling laboratory animals is preferred.
- Ability to independently design, perform, troubleshoot, and interpret biological experiments.
- Proficiency using data analysis and visualization software such as Excel and GraphPad Prism.
- Strong motivation and passion for science.
- Commitment to experimental excellence.
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply".