Manager, Strategic Analysis
Are you ready to leverage your academic, financial and analytical expertise within a one of the most entrepreneurial Biotech's in the industry? The Manager, Strategic Analysis will be responsible for formulating and articulating insights about unmet medical needs and the external landscape to help inform key research, clinical development and commercialization decisions. You will have input on assets spanning the entire portfolio within a given therapeutic area, and in partnership with senior leaders, will influence strategic alignment around key development decisions including: advancing the development of assets, indication selection, clinical trial design, and regulatory path. At Regeneron, you will be an important member of an innovative team where your contributions will help drive the success of the company.
This role will develop analyses that will influence the product strategy development. This high visibility role requires strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex insights to senior leaders throughout the organization, including the executive team. This position reports directly to the Head of Strategic Analysis.
• Assess and analyze the external landscape, monitor changes and predict trends in market dynamics and competition
• In partnership with various business unit leaders, create, validate, and refine long-range models for Regeneron products within the assigned therapeutic area for inclusion into the long-term strategic plan
• Synthesize and distill insights from clinical trial designs and literature to drive research and development strategy for pre-clinical through commercial assets
• Communicate the impact of external developments to Senior Management, the Board of Directors, Product Teams, and Investor Relations
• Play an active role on Strategic Project Teams (SPTs), informing key trial design and strategic decisions
• Frequently interact with internal constituents in research and development to ensure development decisions integrate insights from the external landscape
• Attend medical and scientific conferences and lead debriefs and/or seminars on select findings
• Lead competitive workshops and/or scenario planning exercises to drive cross-functional strategy development
• Conduct ad hoc analyses as requested by senior management
• MD or PhD or MBA/MBS/PharmD plus a Bachelor's Degree in a Scientific Discipline
• A minimum of 3 years of related work experience in management consulting, equity research focused on the Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical sectors, or direct experience in a strategy role within a biotech/pharma company
• Strong command of a variety of analytical techniques, strategic frameworks, and data resources
• Self-starter and self-learner who has the ability to generate new and insightful analyses based on large amounts of data
• Sought out as an analytical expert and strategic advisor, with intimate familiarity with the life sciences industry
• Must have the ability to critically interpret scientific and clinical data and distill relevant insights
• Strong attention to detail and an outstanding work ethic are required to be successful in this role
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and be able to quickly turn an analysis into a dynamic PowerPoint presentation
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (20%)
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases. #LI-RE1
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.