Director, Supply Chain
Direct the supply chain and U.S. customer service functions within Cerus in support of INTERCEPT Blood System. This position interacts extensively with senior management, with project teams, and with internal and external partners (suppliers and customers).
- Design and develop an organization to manage supply chain, planning & buying inventory items and customer service functions in the Americas
- Oversee and support supply chain managers responsible for planning and supplier relationships by interacting with the relevant functions within the sales and supply chain departments
- Manage and maintain Item Master , Bills of Materials, ERP Master Schedule and related matters in the Oracle ERP system
- Act as the contract and relationships manager for key Intercept Blood Systems related vendors and act as delegate for the Sr Director Global Supply Chain in managing strategic vendor relationships
- Manage freight, warehousing, and distribution contracts with 3PLs for the America’s
- Support and facilitate interactions with key external partners involved in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of INTERCEPT products
- Partner with project teams to ensure product availability for development and clinical studies
- Support commercial launch and ramp-up of INTERCEPT Blood System in the America’s
- Partner with Quality, Legal and Finance in managing Approved Supplier List and contracts
- Partner with internal and external partners globally in establishing company’s best practices
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements and cost reductions in supply chain and operations processes
- Provide direct input to senior management in support of strategic planning and portfolio management processes
- Participate in annual planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Ensure that issues, concerns, and risks are appropriately communicated to senior management, project teams and other stakeholders
- Develop and implement KPIs, dashboards, guidelines / operating principles to maximize cooperation between individuals, teams, and corporate partners
- Participate in all human resources activities of the department (staffing, training, performance management and employee development)
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, Procurement or alternative Supply Chain related fiels is required. MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in supply chain, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology or medical device areas.
- Strong customer focus and experience with customer relationship management concepts.
- Experience with implementing and/or using a CRM system.
- Experience in implementing or using ERP software (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, NetSuite, Epicor)
- Experience in project management, collaborative partnerships, and supplier relationships.
- Experience in accommodating commercial supply chain requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing disciplines related to drug/device development. ISO 9000 and 13485 experience and pre-clinical/clinical is a plus.
- Previous experience in corporate strategic planning and portfolio management is a plus.
- Ability to effectively and constructively communicate, coordinate, cooperate and interact with all levels internally (including executive management) and externally.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills in a cross-functional organizational setting.
- Excellent in getting results without direct authority
- Strong analytical mind and business acumen.
- Position requires both strategic agility and strong attention to detail and execution.
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills with ability to serve as external face of company.
- Requires some U.S. and international travel.