Project Manager, Drug Development
The Project Manager will support one or more product development teams to drive team performance and communication. You will ensure that cross-functional teams are aligned on goals and timelines and work with them to deliver milestones on or ahead of schedule. You will escalate issues that require management review as well as highlight team successes to the wider organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Team Leaders to manage the development and execution of project team strategy.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules in accordance with established structures to enable accurate project analyses, identification of critical path activities and areas of resource constraint.
- Assess project risk and support mitigation planning and tracking.
- Independently identify and manage project objectives, work plans, timelines, budgets, providing formal and informal status updates to stakeholders as needed. Challenge assumptions.
- Facilitate and document project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal functional groups and leadership.
- Develop relationships with key functional stakeholder groups and their leadership across the organization.
- Focus on results. Identify and recommend process improvements where helpful in obtaining better results.
- Manage key external vendor activities and associated budget when directed.
- Contribute to successful execution of Project Management department goals and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a life science.
- 3+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and basic knowledge of project management practices, tools and methodology.
- Knowledge of drug development process and interdependencies of key functions to include research, pharmaceutical development, non-clinical, clinical PK, metabolism, clinical research and manufacturing.
- Excellent team member with a strong willingness and ability to work across projects at different stages of development in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to drive consensus and decision-making.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels across the organization.