Clinical and R&D Senior Accountant
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is looking for a senior accountant with a strong understanding of month end accruals. Prior experience owning clinical trial accruals gives this candidate an edge. The best candidate has a high sense of urgency, strictly adheres to close timelines, and loves being part of a hard-working, committed and fun team. He/she will be responsible for preparing all clinical trial and research accruals on a monthly basis, and will collaborate with the clinical operations, project management, research, contracts, finance & accounting groups. This position reports to the senior accounting manager.
- Liaise with multiple groups, CROs, and vendors monthly regarding:
- overall progress of clinical trials to budget,
- completion of work at period end by CROs, labs, and other vendors, and
- number of patient visits completed and site costs incurred
- Collaborate with clinical operations and contracts to gain an understanding of drafted contracts and work orders for planned projects
- Proactively examine research purchase orders to assess percentage completion or timing of delivery of goods or services
- Design and maintain accrual models in MS Excel
- Propose automated solutions to accrual accounting for future consideration
- Assist the senior accounting manager in review of clinical and research contracts
- Analyze invoice data and compare to budget, contracts, and work orders to derive needed accruals or prepaid expenses at each period end
- Compile monthly account reconciliations and work with FP&A on detailed clinical rollforwards
- Prepare reports and presentations to management on the status of each accrual area
- Document desktop procedures and perform required steps under SOX for each month-end close
- Provide assistance to senior accounting manager and controller on ad hoc projects as needed
- Degree in accounting or finance
- FP&A background is a plus
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Three years of experience in an accounting or auditing role
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience is a plus
- Outstanding ability to communicate complex information (written and verbal) quickly
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"