Senior Scientist I
Senior Scientist I
A Senior Scientist I position is available within the Protein Analytics Group in the Process Sciences Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA.
The qualified candidate will support various Abbvie projects and will serve as an analytical technical lead for antibody, DVD-Ig, ADC and fusion protein therapeutics. The position will entail developing a deep understanding of the structure and function relationship of Abbvie molecules, characterization of low level variants, assessment of protein stability and primary structure liabilities, proteomics and analysis of post-translational modifications including glycosylation. The qualified candidate will present results at team and group meetings. The qualified candidate will be responsible for conducting experiments independently, communicating results at team meetings, authoring reports and contributing to AbbVie filings.
- Independently develop and apply state of the art mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis, and HPLC methods to characterize biotherapeutic proteins and their associated variants and impurities.
- Experience with proteomics workflows is required.
- Identify post-translational modifications and characterize structure-activity relationships of products under development.
- Provide technical support and oversight for QC testing occurring at internal and external GMP testing laboratories.
- Plan and author characterization, comparability, and quality sections of regulatory submissions (INDs/CTDs).
- Develop, qualify/validate, and transfer fit-for-purpose QC release and stability methods.
- Represent the Protein Analytical Chemistry Group as a subject matter expert on cross functional teams.
- PhD Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biophysics (or related discipline) and 0-2+ years of experience in industry or academia
- Masters Degree (MS) in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, Biophysics (or related discipline) with at least 8+ years of experience in industry
- Strong background in biophysics and ability to develop enzyme assays, troubleshoot and plot data is a plus.
- Experience with protein mass spectrometry, LC-MS, UPLC, HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, glycoprotein and mAb characterization and bioinformatics is required.
- Experience with Circular Dichroism (CD), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Analytical Ultracentrifugation (AUC), and other biophysical methods is a plus.
- Experience with CMC analytical development of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins is desired.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and managing multiple concurrent projects with a high degree of independence
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled