Director, Reimbursement, Federal Government Affairs
The Director, Reimbursement, Federal Government Affairs represents AbbVie's interests before Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and other relevant federal health agencies. The Director is responsible for securing favorable reimbursement policies for AbbVie products that advance patient access and affordability goals. As such, the Director will design and execute strategies to deliver on a range of Medicare, Medicaid and other health care access policy and reimbursement goals. The Director will also identify regulatory opportunities and threats, analyze their impact, and develop and lead strategies to advocate for and achieve desired results.
Key Responsibilities Includes :
- Assess reimbursement opportunities and challenges for AbbVie's pipeline assets and commercially marketed products and communicate business impact to senior management.
- Provide national reimbursement policy research to inform and support AbbVie commercial objectives. Prepare analysis of legislation and regulatory policies with assessment of key opportunities and threats for business.
- Collaborate with sales & marketing, managed markets, commercial, medical affairs, legal, corporate communications and other internal customers to provide insight on health policy developments. Collaborate with and assist internal stakeholders in the preparation of comments on draft guidance, legislation, rules and regulations proposed by government healthcare agencies such as CMS.
- Stay apprised of business goals and strategies in order to assess impact of federal executive and regulatory actions to AbbVie. Consult with appropriate business and corporate personnel, as well as Global Public Policy, Research and Analytics (GPPRA) in making such determinations, providing recommendations and plan of action. Develop strategies and lead cross-function teams to address policy and reimbursement matters of importance to AbbVie.
- Establish and maintain relationships with CMS officials and staff, and other agency officials important to AbbVie's goals and objectives. Identify and implement appropriate strategies with third-parties and coalitions to advocate for AbbVie's regulatory position.
- Participate in trade association workgroups and committees. Drive reimbursement policy priorities at trade associations to favor AbbVie priorities.
- Increase management and business unit understanding of and participation in the federal reimbursement process. Collaborate with business units on critical issues, utilizing executives and internal experts to advance AbbVie positions. Gain appropriate cross-functional and business input to federal policy and reimbursement positions.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical reimbursement either at a federal agency (e.g. HHS, CMS) or biotech/pharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system, with a particular emphasis on health care financing and reimbursement policies related to the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Strong relationships with key officials at HHS, CMS and other federal health agencies
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills, the ability to speak and write persuasively and with clarity, strong organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements, resourcefulness and creativity, strong attention to detail, and an ability to work collaboratively in a fluid organizational environment.
- Candidate must be a creative, flexible and entrepreneurial thinker capable of developing relationships and facilitate partnerships with industry peers, government officials, and other external stakeholders to reach public policy goals.
- Bachelor's degree in related field such as health care administration, political science, public administration or policy required. Advance degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled