Associate Director, HUMIRA Gastroenterology Marketing
The HUMIRA Associate Director (AD) leads the development of commercial plans to maintain market leadership in an increasingly competitive landscape. This leader will work closely with multiple commercial operations teams to ensure success in development of strategy, creative and execution plans, product support and sales execution.
The AD is r esponsible for developing professional education strategy and managing medical education marketing activities for HUMIRA Gastro. The AD develops, implements, and maintains accountability for interactions and feedback with IBD External Experts. The AD works in a team-based environment to lead the development and execution of brand strategies and implementation of innovative tactics to maximize brand sales, market share, and profitability. This leader has an enterprise mindset and can anticipate and adapt to quickly changing market priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- R equires the ability to provide in-depth insights based on product / market assessments, monitoring progress against brand milestones, and assimilation of key stakeholder feedback with quantitative analysis in order to make strategic recommendations for optimal brand performance
- Leads a team of Regional Marketing Managers to u nderstand region-specific insights to develop and optimize use of innovative marketing resources (peer to peer programming, spend allocations, speaker utilization, and programs) based on regional market dynamics
- Develops customized regional marketing mix analysis to ensure optimized tactical execution throughout the year to drive key business initiatives as measured by key performance indicators.
- Develops and articulates high-impact medical education marketing strategies that are innovative, executable, and clinically/financially supported. Identifies problems proactively and conceptualize solutions using creativity and innovation.
- Thinks innovatively regarding the application of new technologies to marketing, particularly within a regulated environment
- Identifies, builds and strengthens commercial relationships with External Experts and emerging leaders in IBD as well as with relevant patient and professional association.
- Effectively tracks and manages the marketing budget. C onsistently manage multiple projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret financial components of brand management, including profit and loss statements, and return on investment
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- Previous sales/marketing experience required. 7+ years marketing experience
- Management experience (direct reports or cross-functional team)
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Advanced degree or previous sales/marketing experience required.
- Experience working in multiple therapeutic categories strongly preferred
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Strong collaboration and team orientation, with experience accomplishing results through others and influencing others.
- Efficient project management and communication capabilities along with strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Knowledge of market trends and competitive practices.
- Execution of Goal Plan, AbbVie Ways of Working with associated Leadership Attributes
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled