Research Associate- Srivastava Lab
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), transforming the health and well-being of all people through medical research, education, and outreach in the areas of neurological diseases, heart disease, immunology and virology. Home to notable leaders in the field of medical science, Gladstone comprises four institutes and various centers. Approximately 500 members of our team support our mission: Science Overcoming Disease. Located in an award-winning building adjacent to UCSF's Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and benefits program within a stimulating environment for those seeking to maximize their potential. Please consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.
The laboratory of Deepak Srivastava at the Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease is seeking a skilled Research Associate to join the group. The Research Associate will assist in a collaborative project that aims to study the protein-protein interactome of cardiac transcription factors. The successful candidate will assist several people and must therefore be able to multitask, effectively manage time and communicate results.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mammalian cell culture and cardiomyocyte differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) lines followed by sample collection and quality control assays (flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, qPCR)
- Molecular biology assays such as cloning, immunoblotting, fluorescence microscopy, etc.
- Generation, maintenance and screening of mutant and epitope-tagged iPSC lines
- Lab upkeep duties such as ordering and organization of lab supplies, equipment and reagents
- B.S. or M.S. in biological sciences
- 1-3 years of related work experience following degree completion
- Extensive hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture
- Excellent teamwork, organizational, communication and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize efficiently and work independently and as well as part of a team
The competitive candidate will also possess one or more of the following competencies:
- Experience with human iPS cell culture
- Experience with immunoblot, flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry and/or cloning
- Experience with gene editing techniques