Associate Director, Patient Advocacy
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
• Lead the development and execution of Regeneron’s overarching advocacy strategy including defining, standardizing and executing best practices for patient advocacy engagement across the continuum of drug discovery and commercialization
• Liaise with key internal stakeholders to define and build the overarching advocacy strategy
• Lead meaningful relationship engagement with patient advocacy and professional organizations
• Serve as an internal resource by identifying opportunities and developing action plans to support programs that help patients by addressing disease-specific challenges, increase disease awareness, decrease time to diagnosis and increase access to therapy
• Remain abreast of new developments that have an impact on the function
• Define and deliver on clear metrics to measure advocacy efforts
• Through understanding of the patient community, bring the patient perspective into Regeneron decision making
• Support the building of a leading patient advocacy organization that is well-respected within Regeneron and by collaborators and advocacy partners
• Contribute to the development of the overarching strategic plan and holistic company philosophy around patient advocacy engagement and collaboration.
• Assess landscape and capabilities of patient advocacy and professional societies and adjust accordingly based upon capabilities and alignment.
• Create and maintain therapeutic area tailored advocacy strategies and operational engagement that may include but are not limited to educational programs, disease awareness initiatives, advisory boards, patient speaker engagement, clinical trial awareness, and policy improvements.
• Support the development and deployment of strategic advocacy campaigns within assigned therapeutic areas.
• Ensure that strategic plans with external stakeholders align with overarching corporate goals.
• Responsible for leading relationship development with key advocacy and professional societies to ensure productive ongoing partnerships based on shared patient- focused objectives
• Ensure relationships are strategic not just transactional.
• Drive presence at relevant advocacy organization events and meetings. Share key learnings with relevant internal stakeholders.
• Ensure that Regeneron leadership position is evident to external community.
Cross Functional Collaboration/Alignment
• Bring experience to contribute as a high performing team member to help build the company’s new patient and professional advocacy relations function including assisting with departmental strategy development, planning, budgeting and portal development.
• Build strong, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and communicate accordingly. Ensure cross-functional collaboration with medical, brand, market access, government affairs, health policy and other key stakeholders to optimally manage relationships to ensure alignment and effective execution of patient advocacy strategy.
• Participate in relevant team meetings to facilitate ongoing communication of advocacy activities and to ensure continued alignment.
• Work collaboratively with Alliance counterparts.
• Leverage patient insights learned from the patient community and serve as internal consultant to champion and incorporate patient perspectives into all appropriate initiatives, including disease education programs, clinical trial design, research collaborations, patient services etc.
• Act as the organization’s ambassador for the patient perspective. Introduce and embed a patient-centric mindset and engagement in organizational activities.
• Strategically fund programs and activities that support patient engagement and disease state education aligned with assigned therapeutic areas.
• Ensure all grant requests are reviewed according to compliance policies.
• Effectively manage and track financial support.
Successful candidates will have the following:
• Undergraduate degree required
• 10+ years of "progressive" industry/relevant professional experience; 7+ years of patient advocacy experience.
Proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills and a track record of developing communications and advocacy strategies and campaigns
• Ability to serve as company ambassador with external stakeholders
• Ability to anticipate and effectively resolve conflict, mitigate risks and forge consensus among diverse parties
• Strong team player able to prioritize efforts and manage internal and external stakeholder expectations
• Strong track record of building successful relationships between healthcare corporations and patient advocacy organizations
• Understanding of relevant regulations and guidelines such as FDA, EMA, Pharma, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong leadership skills, self-motivated, and a team-player
• A self-starter with a high energy level
• Travel: 50%+ (domestic and international)
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.