Associate Director/Director, Product Management
Summary & Scope of Position:
Responsible for managing the lifecycle of the INTERCEPT Blood System for RBCs product line. Works with cross-functional project teams to define, prioritize, plan, and drive the implementation of product enhancements and extensions to meet customer requirements and corporate objectives. Requires extensive interaction with all Cerus functional departments globally and with external contractors and customers.
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to define the global product roadmap for INTERCEPT RBCs. Prepare business cases to support roadmap strategy.
· Evaluate customer needs, market trends, and business drivers; translate into value added product features and design requirements as inputs for the product development process.
· Represent and advocate for customer and Cerus commercial team needs throughout the product lifecycle.
· In collaboration with Marketing, develop and implement commercialization and launch plans. Effectively facilitate forums to plan the commercialization activities as well as to identify and resolve issues and risks. Ensure materials are appropriately tailored to the intended audience(s) and clearly articulate key points, issues, risks, and/or required decisions.
· In collaboration with Regulatory, Sales, Marketing, and Deployment, support INTERCEPT commercialization in new geographies.
· Work with cross functional project teams to develop tactical plans based on corporate and strategic goals. Includes preparing strategies, timelines, and associated project documentation.
· Support marketing initiatives that promote the growth and expansion of the INTERCEPT Blood System global market. Includes authoring externally facing materials.
· Lead and/or participate in regularly-scheduled product/project meetings. Use best practice meeting management skills to ensure productive meetings (e.g. agendas, material preparation, meeting minutes, etc.).
· Provide support for other commercial activities as may be necessary or appropriate to further the INTERCEPT programs (examples: addressing customer feedback and complaints; supporting tenders, regulatory submissions, and deployment; development of quality system documentation; etc.).
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the INTERCEPT product and the blood banking/transfusion medicine industry. Keep abreast of competing products and identify market trends; assess impact to Cerus/INTERCEPT.
· Maintain knowledge of, and adhere to, applicable regulations including ISO 13485 processes and procedures. Manage individual and team activities within Cerus quality system requirements
· Provide input for annual and strategic plans and budgets. Act as a spokesperson and advocate for the RBC program internally and externally.
· Provide product management support for other INTERCEPT programs as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in scientific or engineering discipline, with a minimum of 10 years of product management experience in transfusion medicine and/or medical devices.
· Strong business skills essential (MBA desirable), including proven track record of project management capabilities (PMP desirable).
· Self-starter who excels in forming positive relationships with all functional areas of the company.
· Ability to adapt and keep pace with changing commercial environment.
· Experience with regulatory strategy, late-stage product development and product commercialization of medical devices.
· Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in a complex environment.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface effectively at all levels, both internally and externally (encompasses verbal, written, interpersonal, and listening).
· Effectively demonstrates the ownership necessary for achieving or surpassing desired results; keeps and answers for personal commitments.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to work in cross-functional teams in a matrix organization, coupled with ability to work independently as needed.
· Ability to analyze data and make strategic recommendations.
· Leverages own technical expertise and input from others to identify and address critical issues.
· Travel estimated at 25% including occasional weekends. Travel may be domestic or international.