Operations Manager (Biotech)
Grow and lead a successful cell production team.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a growing team of research associates responsible for cell production
- Design and implement standardized laboratory management and maintenance protocols
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design and implement innovative solutions
- Coordinate the transfer of new products and processes into production
- Ensure strict production and quality control processes so that incoming, in-process, and finished goods materials meet all published specifications
- Participate in the site audit program
- Author and maintain production work instructions
- Ensure lab standards are upheld, labware and equipment are properly maintained, and hazardous materials are disposed of in accordance with regulatory requirements
- BS with 3+ years experience managing production laboratory operations (ideally at a contract facility, small-to-mid size company or start-up)
- Hands-on leadership style.
- Experience with process control, aseptic technique, and cell culture
- Strong understanding of laboratory best practices, continuous improvement methodologies, and lean manufacturing principles
- Experience with formal quality management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills