Senior Project Manager - US Regional Commercialization and Research and Development Compliance
Amgen is seeking a Senior Project Manager - US Regional Commercialization and R&D Compliance, based out of our global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA who will report to the US Program Management Leader.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) drives development and manages the execution of high quality, regional, integrated cross-functional project plans in support of the overall program strategy for assigned teams / sub-teams. The Incumbent applies project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects. The SPM works closely with the Research and Development (R&D) and is emended within the Commercialization and R&D Compliance team.
The Senior Project Manager - US Regional Commercialization and R&D Compliance is specifically responsible for:
- Partners with functional leads in the development of high quality, integrated, cross-functional plans for cross-functional US teams that are aligned with the overall program strategy
- Identifies key deliverables for each function and their inter-dependencies and ensures cross-functional alignment and accountability
- Drives decision making according to Amgen’s decision-making framework (DAI)
- Identifies project issues or resource gaps and facilitating resolution
- Monitors and communicating progress and adherence to timelines
- Facilitates resource planning, financial and capacity assessments
- Conducts the risk management and scenario planning according to DAI; driving the development of contingency and/or risk mitigation plans
- Manages the effectiveness of the US teams by documenting issues, decisions and action items of cross-functional US product teams and functional sub-teams, as well as ad hoc project team meetings
- Escalates cross-functional project issues to GPM or cross-functional sub-team leader, as appropriate
- Implements decisions from governance / review boards, Product Team and/or local/regional function Heads
- Coordinates activities with external business partners and alliances, where applicable; contributing to partnership contract deliverables
- Reviews Board and/or Regional Review deliverables and creating management reports, as needed
- Drives the communication plans for cross-functional US teams
- Serves as a single point of contact for managing cross-functional US team information (content and quality)
- Provides cross-functional project information to PML/Work Package Lead for incorporation into commercialization deliverables and program timelines
- Manages US team communication across functions and regions
- Provides cross-functional project information at functional sub-team meetings and to other stakeholders, as appropriate
- Leads and/or participates in special department, cross-functional, or team projects
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
Master’s degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Project Management experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Project Management experience
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
- 8+ years of industry experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related field
- 4+ years of experience in a drug development Project Management role
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Drug Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory Utilization of Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.