Associate Director, IT Service Transition Processes
The IT Service Transition Process Owner is the ultimate authority on the ITIL Service Transition processes including but not limited to Demand, Release, Change, Knowledge and Configuration. This role should help AbbVie accomplish excellence in process execution and continuously verify the processes are fit for purpose and use. The role is accountable for process definition, promotion, and governance of the processes as well as driving implementation, adoption, and continuous improvement across the organization. This role must represent the processes to the business, IT, and all Service Providers and is accountable for process performance across the enterprise including the identification and execution of specific improvement programs.
- Define and document in-scope processes working with stakeholders across IT and the business and aligned to the ITIL framework.
- Drive establishment of SLAs across multiple functions and business units and oversee Service Improvement Planning and execution when required for in-scope processes.
- Act as the point of escalation for each process within the organization, including IT, Service Providers, and Business Partners.
- Define Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the processes.
- Track process performance across IT and communicate outcomes to the Service Management Office (SMO), IT, and business leadership as needed.
- Participate in process ownership governance activities and meetings to ensure effective process management and adoption across the organization.
- Manage all exceptions to the process looking for opportunities to remediate and prevent recurrence of the exception.
- Own the definition of requirements to implement processes in the selected platform.
- Provide comprehensive view of demand for processes factoring in all enhancements and development and create reports at the detailed and aggregate levels for ITSM leadership.
- Partner with the Service Management platform team to enable processes via leading industry technologies, such as ServiceNow.
- Ensure the process is in compliance with any IT or AbbVie policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline. Preferred: Master's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration.
- 10+ years' of technology and related management experience including IT Service Management experience. At least 3 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels including managed service providers.
- ITIL Intermediate certification in Service Transition.
- Subject matter experience overseeing and executing in ITIL transition processes including, but not limited to Demand, Release, Change, Knowledge and Configuration.
- Demonstrated experience and deep understanding of the pharmaceutical/ life science business including the applicable business and technology processes and supporting technology architectures
- Experience with executing complex organizational change management programs. Demonstrated ability to enact change across an organization in the absence of a direct reporting relationship. Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion and facilitate consensus across key IT personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and strong problem resolution skills. Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment where needs and priorities can change with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders as well as end users.
- Experience with Service Management in a global, multi-sourced environment.
- Knowledge of business and technology trends for Service Management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled