Associate Director, Medical Education
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Our medical affairs physicians and scientists are experts on our medicines and form a valuable part of our global development organization. We serve as an important liaison between Regeneron and the scientific and healthcare community. Medical Affairs is organized in an optimally aligned matrix structure for delivery of therapeutic and functional area expertise.
The Associate Director Medical Affairs, Education and Operational Support will define and drive value-added technical training and educational programs essential for the assimilating and technical training of Medical Affairs employees and internal contractors, as appropriate. Position will liaise with the HR Learning team and the Technical Training areas.
• Identifies knowledge gaps in current technical assimilation and continuing medical affairs education, communicates and understands the needs of department management as is relates to technical training requirements
• Formalizes and standardizes Medical Affairs (MA) core assimilation & continuous training requirements for products
• Partners with internal and external subject matter experts for creation of training content and SOPs as needed
• Serves as an extension for on boarding in the areas of technical medical affairs training and assimilation.
• Works cross functionally with Therapeutic Area (TA) Directors, MA Functional Leaders, administrators, and commercial operations to assimilate MA team members
• Leads on site assimilation meetings for large groups, including confirmation of presenters and content prior to meeting and hosts web-teleconferences for small and/or one-off requirements.
• Continues to update and refine technical medical affairs training content on an ongoing basis
• Answers ad-hoc questions to ensure assimilation and medical program learning
• Holds on-going new education training sessions per needs (i.e. CRM, IIS portal, library services)
• Coordinates continuing MA education:
• Supports ad hoc training requests from TA & Field Directors, including organization of "RSM University" (or variation of thereof) when initiated
• Explores in concert with Directors, the creation of professional development class offerings via TalentHub, partners with HR L&OD to develop role specific objectives
• Collaborates with Tech Training (needs assessment per role, rollout as applicable (in person vs field team)
• Works in partnership with CDRA and other Regeneron training groups as required to ensure alignment and use of appropriate systems, processes, tools and templates
• Ensures appropriate documentation of training activities, works with Tech Training to refine process
• Maintains, updates and organizes training requirements through training matrices and maintains hard copy training records in compliance with Technical Training standards
• Promotes continuous improvement of all training programs
• Supports various MA system projects including SharePoint, Slide Management System, CRM, and ad hoc projects as requested through collaboration with CDRA Systems
• Works to coordinate training and expectations of MA partner vendors
• Advanced degree preferred (MS, PhD, MBA, PharmD, other) or Bachelor’s degree coupled with 5 or more years of direct work experience related to the role.
Five or more years of experience in a training leader role in either clinical development or medical affairs areas.
Strong communication and presentation skills
Ability to effectively work cross-functionally and autonomously
Experience developing annual training plans
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.