The Manager, Finance reports to the Vice President, Finance and is responsible for various aspects within the finance team. More specifically, the Manager, Finance will assist with financial reporting, including SEC 10-Q’s and 10-K’s, financial planning and analysis (FP&A), including annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and scenario modeling, technical accounting, internal reporting and stock administration. The Manager, Finance will also manage the internal control environment and support system implementations as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be a team-player who is detail-orientated, self-motivated, and possess strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in drafting and updating of the Company’s 10-Q, 10-K and Proxy filings, including XBRL. Performs the tie-outs and completes the disclosure checklists related to the filings.
- Assists with the annual operating plan and monthly forecasting, meeting with department managers other key members, critically evaluating historical and forecasted spend.
- Prepares monthly budget vs. actual analysis for the executive team and department managers.
- Models various ad hoc financial scenarios based on potential business activities and transactions.
- Researches, evaluates and provides recommendations on technical accounting issues, including preparing memos and interfacing with auditors to work through issues.
- Responsible for implementation and compliance of company policies and procedures in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) internal controls.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, and active CPA required
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a public accounting, biotech, and/or pharmaceutical setting
- High level of proficiency with regards to US GAAP and public company reporting requirements
- Advanced Excel expertise, including financial modeling and analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains/Dynamics and Management Reporter preferred
- Strong communication, organization and collaboration abilities