Sr. Scientist - Bioanalytical
CohBar, Inc. is a leader in the research and development of mitochondria based therapeutics (MBTs), an emerging class of drugs with the potential to treat a wide range of diseases associated with aging and metabolic dysfunction including non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), obesity, Type 2 diabetes (T2D), cancer, cardiovascular disease and CNS disorders.
· Develops, qualifies, and applies LC-MS/MS assays for characterization and analysis of peptides and key metabolites in preclinical and clinical samples.
· Designs and executes in vitro stability and metabolism experiments for peptides to support preclinical programs.
· Works with a diverse interdisciplinary team to achieve drug discovery/development goals.
· Troubleshoots challenging technical, experimental, and instrument issues.
· Processes, reviews, and interprets bioanalytical data.
· Presents results and generates technical reports in support of drug discovery/development efforts and regulatory filings.
· Maintains a high standard for quality control including up-to-date data records for incoming and processed samples.
· Ph.D. degree in chemistry/biochemistry or relevant field with 3+ years of bioanalytical laboratory experience or a MS/BS degree with at least 7-10 years of bioanalytical experience in drug discovery/development is required.
· Strong subject matter expertise in bioanalytical LC-MS/MS techniques and data analysis for characterization of peptides/proteins.
· Hands on experience in operation and troubleshooting of Sciex LC-MS equipment; specific Q-tof experience is a plus.
· Proven ability to think critically and creatively to identify and solve bioanalytical assay development challenges.
· Consummate ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, with good oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to meet aggressive deadlines is a must.
CohBar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.