Senior Bioprocess Engineer - Cultured Meat
At Mission Barns, we are cultivating animal cells using cell culture, tissue engineering, and bioprocess engineering techniques to sustainably grow meat without the negative environmental and ethical impacts of intensive animal agriculture. Working at the convergence of biotech and food science, we’re on the path to creating a more sensible food system for the world.
As a Senior Bioprocess Engineer you will help build Mission Barns’ production infrastructure. Scaling-up lab-scale processes from bench to commercialization, with close attention paid to minimizing costs, timelines, and process steps.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Robust animal cell culture expansion
- Bioreactor operation, process development, and DoE-based process optimization
- Pilot plant buildout
- Batch, fed-batch, perfusion culture optimization
- Bioprocess manufacturing facility operation
- Driven to improve standard processes and develop innovative unit processes
- Comfortable managing a growing team
- Ability to effectively interface with external collaborators
- Communicate openly and continuously intra-organizationally
- Automation engineering and high-throughput screening experience
- Serum-free media development and optimization experience
- Metabolic flux analysis
- Cell line development for scalable culture conditions
Mission Barns is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.