Associate Director, Biologics Manufacturing
At Alector, our mission is to harness the power of the immune system to cure neurodegeneration and cancer. Our team integrates experts in key biotechnology disciplines and is solely focused on developing cures for some of the most challenging diseases facing our society. We are supported on this mission by leading investors including OrbiMed, Polaris Partners, Google Ventures, Deerfield Management, Foresite Capital, Federated Kaufmann Fund, and many others. Among our strategic backers and partners, we are aligned with some of the most innovative pharma companies such as AbbVie, Merck, and Amgen.Would you like to take part in creating new therapies that really make a difference in patients' lives? Do you desire both autonomy and collaboration in tackling scientific challenges that interest you? Would you like to be part of a talented team where everyone has a voice? Use your scientific skills to help us achieve our mission of saving lives by curing neurodegenerative diseases.
As Associate Director, Biologics Manufacturing, you’ll work closely with our preclinical research and development teams and our clinical programs, leading a team of protein chemists supporting the research and clinical development of our products. You will be instrumental in supporting our clinical programs and also to providing support to our ongoing research programs.
During the first year, your goals will include:
- Independently leading our Purification Team in areas of purification, formulation, and analytics
- Working closely with our Molecular Biology, Cell Line Development, and Bioproduction Teams
- Collaborating within and across our Research and Clinical teams, including mentoring others on your areas of expertise so that they can learn from your skills and experience
- Being a partner to contract manufacturing organizations to ensure successful technology transfer of our projects into a GMP environment.
- Improving and expanding our Downstream Processing capabilities
- Improving and expanding our analytical capabilities
- PhD with at least 7-10 years of industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of protein purification, protein bioanalytics, and formulation of antibodies
- Solid technical knowledge and hands-on experience with antibody development.
- Familiarity with molecular biology, cell line development, and bioproduction
- Expertise in upstream and downstream process development.
- Expertise in managing CRO and CMO relationships and activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- While we’ve focused on what to look forward to during the first year and beyond, Day One is great, too: committed and driven colleagues, a bold and important company goal, competitive compensation and benefits. But these matter only if you’re excited to build and own something great, and tackle these challenges with us. Come join us.
At Alector, we believe that high-performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives and bring creative ideas to the table. We are committed to building an open, diverse, and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.