Manager, Meeting Services
The Manager, Meeting Services primary function is to drive the strategic planning, execution and effectiveness of AbbVie meetings worldwide for Global Marketing Commercial Operations, Global Medical Affairs, US Commercial and other ancillary AbbVie organizations. You will exemplify AbbVie leadership principles and provides innovative, strategic, and corporate brand supported direction as the subject matter expert in attendee management. In addition, this position is responsible for the oversight of the logistics, budget management, financial compliance, reconciliation and any other assigned projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creation of web-based registrations for meetings and events in Cvent meetings management software
- Collaborate with Business Owners and Meeting Planners to determine e-communications (invitations, reminders, confirmations, final confirmations etc.) required for each event
- Assist Business Owner to ensure Attendee Lists are completed/in approved format
- Create SharePoint microsites for top congresses
- Create and send standard and/or custom registration reports for Meeting Planners, TPV's and/or Business Owners
- Ongoing attendee management
- Create print or electronic sign-in sheets for all HCP-attended sessions (by date/event)
- Create and print onsite materials (name badges, table tents, etc.) required with due dates. Ensure availability of printed material before meeting. Responsible for print and delivery.
- Gather other onsite materials including table cloth, registration sign, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system by understanding and adhering to the Code of Business Conduct, Operating Guidelines and PDMA guidelines
- Responsible for departmental personnel hiring, training, performance management and daily departmental operations. This includes development and implementation of meeting registration related operational process, procedures and recommend policy.
- Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position efforts effectively for the target segment.
- Manages across functions and therapeutic areas to successfully execute AbbVie meetings in all relevant markets.
- Responsible for the development and management of ROI instruments of measure and communicating measurable results regularly to AbbVie leadership.
- Continually evaluates and applies knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of tactics.
- Effectively manages projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets deadlines).
- Works to ensure that regulatory guidelines are followed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry information sources
- Support development of strategic and tactical action plans; execute upon tactical plan in a timely and effective manner.
- Provides oversight and motivation of all staff
- Assures the alignment of all activities, materials and events surrounding and supporting Abbvie meetings.
- Ensures departmental education and compliance, as well as compliance by our suppliers, with AbbVie requirements and guidelines in regards to attendee management.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Communications, Meeting Planning, Attendee management or comparable equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5-7 years meetings industry experience
- Proven track record of being able to successfully interact with all levels of management
- Proven track record of vendor negotiations and management
- Skilled in budget management and project management
- Must be up to date on the latest compliance issues pertaining to Corporate guidelines, medical meetings, industry technology and governmental regulation
- This position does require up to 15% travel.
- Advanced degree.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically, regulations and standards affecting the promotion of sales and marketing materials/samples and interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Understanding of healthcare marketing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled