Summary: Synthetic Organic Chemist
Purpose of Job: Synthesize organic molecules for Biotech or Pharma companies. Prepare intermediates for the synthesis of these molecules, apply modern techniques of organic synthesis and purification technique such as flash chromatography, re-crystallization, and distillation. The candidate will also use routinely analytical methods such as thin-layer chromatography, NMR, LC-MS and HPLC.
· Synthesis of small-molecules on milligram to multi-gram scale
· Develop and implement synthetic routes for production of arrays of synthetic compounds
. Analysis of reactions and final products and intermediates
· Participating in research and development activities under close supervision
· Preparing project reports and/or data summaries, as needed
· Ensuring safety and cleanliness of laboratory work areas
. Work independently; determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems.
· Helping create a positive work environment
· Other reasonable duties may be assigned as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree in chemistry with 5 years of experience
or Master degree in chemistry with 3 years of experience
or PhD in Chemistry
· Knowledge of synthetic and purification techniques
· Experienced with analytical techniques
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. If interested, please send your Resume.