Research Scientist, Biologics Discovery
Research Scientist, Biologics Discovery
We seek an experienced scientist with skills in antibody discovery and protein engineering to join the Biologics Discovery group. The successful candidate will join a growing team responsible for developing biologic drug candidates based on engineered antibodies and other protein modalities (e.g. Fc-fusion proteins, chimeric antigen receptors). He/she will work in a highly collaborative environment to identify, characterize and optimize biologics for research and clinical development. He/she will play a leading role in establishing new biotherapeutics discovery capabilities and support lead optimization efforts for projects across different therapeutic areas.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
In this laboratory-based role, the successful candidate will use various display technologies to discover and optimize antibody and protein therapeutics. He/she will use their knowledge of protein structure-function to design protein variants and/or display libraries. The candidate will also develop and implement screening assays to identify and optimize leads for diverse target classes. Additional job requirements:
• Ability to independently design and execute experiments.
• Good presentation skills and the ability to communicate project goals and experimental findings to diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment.
• Represent functional area on project teams.
• Present research updates to project teams and R&D management.
• Maintain familiarity with scientific literature and independently implement novel ideas/technologies.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, data-driven and scientifically rigorous environment.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology or a related field, with 2-6 years of additional experience in an academic or industrial setting and a record of accomplishments in the form of high impact publications or patents. An ideal candidate will have experience in most of the following areas:
• In-vitro display technologies (e.g. phage, yeast, ribosome, mammalian).
• Developing plate-based screening assays to identify and rank antibody leads (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, HTRF, AlphaScreen etc).
• Strong background in molecular biology and protein chemistry – cloning, vector design, mutagenesis, protein purification and characterization.
• Design and construction of antibody display libraries.
• Experience with flow cytometry.
• Candidates with experience in structure-based protein engineering & design are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1344161
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.