IT Service Desk Manager
IT SERVICE DESK MANAGER
Global Blood Therapeutics seeks a hands-on Service Desk Manager to support our continued growth. The Service Desk Manager's role is to oversee all Service Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions.
The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization's service desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans. The Service Desk Manager will also contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the processing of incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests to anticipate potential problems and provide proactive resolutions
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes
- Oversee provisioning of hardware, software and accounts for new employees and contractors
- Perform system installation, configuration and patch management
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations based on request trends and make recommendations
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
- Oversee development and communication of usage guides and FAQs for end users
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk staff
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary
- Perform end-user satisfaction surveys and develop action plans to address areas needing improvement
- Foster relationships with end users and become the champion of end user satisfaction
- Advance the use of a knowledge base to share information among all levels of IT service and support
- Leverage service desk best practices and process frameworks, such as ITIL, to drive continual process improvement
- Promote self-service tools and the knowledge base as mechanisms to improve end-user satisfaction and reduce costs
- BA/BS in computer science, management information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates analytical skills, problem solving, initiative, judgment, decision making and writing ability
- At least three years managing an IT service and support function in an environment similar in size and complexity to GBT
- ITIL certification
- Strong knowledge of GxP and change management of GxP applications in a regulated environment
- Experience with SOX compliance
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables
- Extensive application support experience with Office 365 applications, including Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- Expert knowledge of Windows client operating systems and Active Directory.
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Experience with single sign-on solutions and multifactor authentication
- Knowledge of Zoom Rooms or RingCentral Meeting Rooms a big plus
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example to improve the troubleshooting skills of Service Desk staff
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise.
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.