The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will work with a variety of cross functional teams and support high energy and fast paced business partners. This role will support Commercial and R&D in forecasting, budgeting, reporting, strategic planning, decision support, accounting close activities, clinical accruals, and analytics.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to execute multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and remain open to new projects and/or responsibilities as the business evolves. Candidates must have strong attention to detail, ability to effectively business partner across functions, drive decision making, problem solving, and time management skills. Must be proactive and deadline-oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of monthly financial reporting
- Manage quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting for multiple functions
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of Commercial and R&D
- Become a subject matter expert on the GBT clinical pipeline
- Meet regularly with Commercial and clinical operations personnel and management
- Provide explanations of monthly variances versus expectations
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics / KPIs that impact the business
- Partner with accounting staff to ensure accuracy and integrity of company financials
- Accounting for Commercial activities and clinical studies including preparation of accruals and prepaids
- Perform financial modeling and scenario analysis
- Provide timely financial analysis on an ad-hoc basis to management
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of experience in biotech industry, specifically in FP&A / Corporate Finance supporting Commercial and / or R&D
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial analysis and solid knowledge of managerial accounting
- Ability to anticipate and plan ahead in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with multiple teams throughout the company
- NetSuite background a plus
- Experience with FP&A Planning system a must (Adaptive Insights a plus)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and modeling
Fit with GBT culture
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers across functions
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading a cross-functional group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.